- “Minnesota And Wisconsin Join Movement To Shift To A 100% Carbon-Free Grid” • Governors of the two states are pushing goals to have 100% of electricity be carbon free by 2050. A 2007 law required Minnesota’s electricity to reach 25% renewably sourced by 2025, but the state had already achieved that target by the end of 2017. [Greentech Media]
- “Statkraft’s Latest 1-GW Virtual Power Plant In The UK Combines Renewables, Storage, Gas” • Statkraft partnered with energy & meteorology systems to launch a 1-GW wind, solar, and battery storage virtual power plant in the UK. Statkraft operates Europe’s largest VPP, a 12-GW plant with over 1,400 wind and solar installs in Germany. [Energy Storage News]
- “Industrial Consumers Oppose Evolving Pennsylvania Nuclear Subsidy Proposal” • Industrial energy consumers in Pennsylvania are lining up to oppose an evolving proposal to support the state’s nuclear plants set to be released soon in the state’s General Assembly. They said the bill would increase rates, pushing them to cut jobs. [Utility Dive]
- “Plunging Fossil Fuel Revenues Should Push Indonesia To Accelerate Its Clean Energy Revolution” • As fossil fuel revenues tumble, Indonesian subsidies for fossil fuels are becoming less sustainable. A report says that for economic stability, Indonesia should cut off the fossil fuel industry and transition to cleaner energy sources. [ASEAN Today]
- “Former Defense Leaders Warn White House It’s ‘Dangerous’ To Downplay Climate Change” • In a letter to President Trump, 58 former military and national security officials expressed deep concern about reported plans to create “a committee to dispute and undermine military and intelligence judgments on the threat posed by climate change.” [KUNC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.