- “What Rising Seas Mean For Local Economies” • The evidence of climate change is not just present in the form of more frequent flooding. According to a study published in the journal Science Advances, it is also already revealed as a financial price for businesses. The study detailed losses for downtown Annapolis, Maryland. [Nature World News]
- “Debate Over Science Of Global Warming Is Shifting, Smartly, To Dialogue About Solutions” • For the first time in many years, there are real reasons for optimism in the journey to address the accelerating risks of climate change. The root causes for the changes we see today in the Congress likely stem from changes in the views of citizens. [Lewiston Sun Journal]
- “Fossil Vehicle Sales Are Officially Now Decreasing In China, Europe, And US” • Sales of fossil fueled vehicles are now on the decline in the world’s three largest auto markets, and being replaced by EVs. While overall light vehicle sales have been flat or declining, the sales of EVs have been increasing rapidly in all three major markets. [CleanTechnica]
- “Volkswagen Raises EV Sales Target 50%, Says ID Production Will Be Carbon Neutral” • Thomas Ulbrich, who oversees electric vehicles for VW, said in a statement, “Climate change is the greatest challenge of our times.” VW will manufacture cars using renewable energy, and if it cannot find enough it will invest in its own. [CleanTechnica]
- “Common Weed Killer Glyphosate Increases Cancer Risk By 41%, Study Says” • Glyphosate, an herbicide that remains the world’s most ubiquitous weed killer best known as the active ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup, raises the cancer risk of those exposed to it by 41%, a new analysis from the University of Washington says. [CNN]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.