- “Ocasio-Cortez And Markey Unveil Green New Deal Resolution” • Two Democrats, Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York and Sen Ed Markey of Massachusetts, unveiled their “Green New Deal” resolution, which outlines the definition of the massive piece of legislation they hope will tackle issues related to the US’ role in climate change. [CNN]
- “Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal: What’s In It” • While calling for the elimination of pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in agriculture, transportation, manufacturing, and construction, the resolution contains no mention of bans or regulation, as other plans have described. Instead, it focuses on a range of green investments. [CNN]
- “A Small New York Town Plans A Profitable, 100% Renewable Energy Future” • With advances in technology, the pathways to 100% renewable energy are becoming clear. For the Town of Marbletown, New York, that problem is solving itself. The town’s advantages are a community choice aggregation policy and a lack of natural gas. [Greentech Media]
- “Vineyard Wind Fails To Qualify For Bidding In New England Power Auction” • The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission took no action on Vineyard Wind LLC’s requests for a waiver and emergency motion to put off New England’s annual power-capacity auction. The developer has failed to qualify in time for the competition. [Renewables Now]
- “Coal Under The Bus, State Of The Union Edition” • There was a total omission of the US coal industry from President Trump’s State of the Union address. Adding insult to injury, he took the opportunity to wax enthusiastic over productivity in the US oil and gas industries. It’s almost like he wanted all those miners to feel the burn. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.