- “New York Officially Ups Its Energy Storage Goal: 3 GW by 2030” • An initiative to increase New York’s energy storage targets has been approved by the New York State Public Service Commission. The state is now on a trajectory to deploy 1.5 GW of energy storage by 2025, before doubling and reaching up to 3 GW by 2030. [pv magazine USA]
- “New York Governor Cuomo Calls for 100% Carbon-Neutral Electricity by 2040 via Green New Deal” • Not satisfied with launching the most ambitious initiative for whole scale overhaul of the utility sector through Reforming the Energy Vision, Gov Cuomo announced a carbon-neutral electricity supply by 2040 as one of his legislative priorities. [pv magazine USA]
- “Green New Deal Has Overwhelming Bipartisan Support, Poll Finds – At Least, for Now” • When asked “how much do you support or oppose” the individual of policies in the Green New Deal, 81% of registered voters, including 57% of conservative Republicans, say they either “somewhat support” or “strongly support” them, a survey showed. [HuffPost]
- “Revenue-Neutral Carbon Fee Legislation Draws Bipartisan Support” • New legislation sponsored by three Democrats and two Republicans in Congress would create a revenue-neutral fee structure for carbon emissions. Mark Reynolds, executive director of the Citizens’ Climate Lobby, calls the legislation a breakthrough. [CleanTechnica]
- “John Deere Unveils an Autonomous, Electric Tractor – With a Really Long Extension Cord” • John Deere is leading the charge into electric tractors with another innovation in partnership with GridCON. For 2018, the company is bringing out a new, fully autonomous, corded electric tractor model. Its power line is a kilometer long. [CleanTechnica]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.