- “Message from Hurricanes Michael and Maria: Renewable Energy Makes More Sense than Ever” • To face the growing threat of climate change, we can no longer rely on old energy systems. We must develop new ones that can withstand more frequent hazards. We can build infrastructure in a smarter, more sustainable way. [USA TODAY]
- “Trump: Climate Change Scientists Have ‘Political Agenda'” • US President Donald Trump accused climate change scientists of having a “political agenda,” as he cast doubt on whether humans were responsible for the earth’s rising temperatures. He said he does not believe climate change is a hoax, but he has doubts about a human cause of the change. [BBC]
- “Australia Heading for a ‘Battle Royale’ on Solar Power” • The sharply rising levels of rooftop and grid-level solar power will force tough discussions as Australia reaches a solar peak, energy chiefs say. With an average of six new rooftop solar installations every minute, the generation and distribution systems need to change. [The Sydney Morning Herald]
- “Germany: Tendered PV Projects Need No Public Subsidy in August” • No public incentive was paid in August for PV installations up to 10 MW and selected under the country’s tender mechanism. This was because market prices were higher than the price including the feed-in premium tariff, awarded in the tender. [pv magazine International]
- “Ten Facts from the World’s Most Terrifying Climate Change Report” • The IPCC report is not messing around. It has 91 expert authors, a mind-melting 6,000 scientific references and comments from 42,000 experts. They all agree. We need to reduce our carbon emissions substantially, right now, or we’re screwed. Here are ten chilling facts. [Techly]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.