- “Climate Change Will Devastate National Parks, Impact Electrical Grids, & Spur Mass Migration In The US” • For a Chinese hoax, climate change is having some very real impacts on the United States and its people. As the evidence grows that the Earth will continue to get warmer, the US government continues to ignore the obvious. [CleanTechnica]
- “Origin says solar cheaper than coal, moving on from base-load” • Origin Energy says the cost of wind and solar farms has fallen so far it is now cheaper than the marginal cost of coal generation. The Australian company is moving on from the concept of “24/7 base-load,” according to its head of energy trading and operations. [RenewEconomy]
- “Yep, Tesla Is Gobbling USA Luxury Car Market – 8 Charts & Graphs” • Tesla increased its deliveries by more than 100% in the third quarter compared to the second quarter, its previous best quarter in history. In 6 years, its Q3 sales jumped from 321 to 83,500. The cars it is most directly competing in are the luxury classes. [CleanTechnica]
- “Tesla Crushes Quarterly Delivery Record With 83,500 Deliveries In Q3” • Tesla has released its preliminary delivery and production numbers for Q3 2018. In the quarter, a total of 83,500 vehicles delivered to customers. This amounts to an increase of more than 100% versus the next highest quarter in history … which was Q2 2018. [CleanTechnica]
- “Frost & Sullivan forecasts strong 2018 for solar, despite China’s policy setback” • A report from business consultants Frost & Sullivan expects around 90 GW of new solar installations by the end of 2018, in line with the predictions of other leading analysts. It further notes that PV remains the world leader in renewable energy capacity. [pv magazine International]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.