- “Tucson utility joins fight against initiative to increase solar, renewable use” • Tucson’s largest utility is joining the fight against a November ballot initiative that seeks to increase the use of renewable power in Arizona. Proposition 127 would require public utilities to get 50% of their power from clean energy sources by 2030. [Phoenix Business Journal]
- “Air pollution: know your enemy” • Sometimes you can’t even see it, but air pollution is everywhere. Perhaps you think that air pollution does not affect you because you live in a place with no smog. If so, you are most likely wrong. Nine out of ten people worldwide are exposed to air pollutant levels the WHO considers unsafe. [UN Environment]
- “Tesla Model 3 = #1 Best Selling Car In The US (In Revenue)” • In August, Tesla’s Model 3 became a top 5 best-selling car in the US in terms of units sold. But it cost twice as much as the cars by Toyota and Honda that sold greater numbers. In terms of the revenues from the cars sold, the Tesla Model 3 was the number one car. [CleanTechnica]
- “Australia could be 100% renewable by 2030s, meet Paris targets by 2025” • Australia could reach the equivalent of 100% renewables for its electricity by the early 2030s by merely maintaining the current pace of wind and solar development, according to a report from Australian National University researchers. [RenewEconomy]
- “Heavy hitters on climate change converge on San Francisco for Global Climate Action Summit” • The Global Climate Action Summit is a hybrid of any number of high-level international meetings in which political figures discuss what can be done to address climate change, sign declarations, adjourn, and get set to meet again. [Santa Cruz Sentinel]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.