- “Electric Flight Dominates Air Mobility News At The 2018 International EAA AirVenture Oshkosh Event” • This year’s 2018 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh was well worth the travel to get there, as it aimed to show a clearer picture of our near future mobility. Electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft, air taxis, and electric planes are getting popular. [CleanTechnica]
- “Smoke Alert: Thick plume triggers weekend air alert for all of Minnesota” • A huge smoke plume is pushing across Minnesota. Rising from wildfires in western Canada, it covers much of North America. We may not be able to blame climate change for an individual smoke event, but we can blame it for their increased frequency. [Minnesota Public Radio News]
- “At America First Energy Conference, solar power is dumb, climate change is fake” • Messages from the America First Energy Conference included that pumping out carbon dioxide makes the planet greener, the UN puts out fake science about climate change to control the global energy market, and wind and solar energy are simply “dumb.” [New York Post]
- “Renewable energy employment in Indiana surges” • More than 83,000 Indiana residents work at clean energy jobs according to Clean Energy Trust analysis. That is more than all the waiters and waitresses, computer programmers, lawyers, and web developers in Indiana combined, according to data from the Department of Labor Employment Statistics. [Country 103.9 WRBI]
- “California wildfires: Thousands evacuated as Lake Elsinore threatened” • More than 21,000 people have been evacuated from the path of a fast-moving wildfire in Southern California. The blaze, called the Holy fire, threatened homes around Lake Elsinore in Orange County. The fire is just one of at least 18 wildfires raging across California. [BBC]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.