Design & Installation of High Performance Pellet Boiler Systems
A full-day “deep dive” into the technical design of biomass boiler systems will take place on April 3, 2018 at Vermont Technical College in Center Randolph, VT.
This training will be presented by Jeff Rubin of Sustainable Heating Outreach & Education, and John Siegenthaler, P.E. of Appropriate Designs.
The training will discuss the detailed operating characteristic of modern pellet-fueled boilers, and how to seamlessly integrate them into complete heating systems in both retrofit and new construction applications.
Topics covered include:
The importance of high efficiency wood-based heating systems in New England
• Pellet boiler operating characteristics
• Fuel cost comparisons
• Pellet storage and conveyance options
• Combustion air supply and venting systems
• The importance of thermal storage
• Piping options for thermal storage
• Integration of existing or auxiliary heat sources
• Unique control strategies and hardware
• Low temperature heat emitters
• Important lessons learned and situations to avoid
• Several complete system templates.
Attendees will be provided with a PDF file of the full presentation, which includes detailed reference information for future system design development.
Register for the training at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pellet-boiler-boot-camp-at-vt-tech-tickets-43675856663