- A report from the UK development company Crown Agents concluded that 2018 will be the year solar hits its commercial tipping point, resulting in a dramatic drop-off in price and making the technology viable for a billion people. It would open the door to save developing countries up to 80% by switching to solar from diesel and petrol. [CleanTechnica]
- Israeli Minister of National Infrastructure, Energy, and Water Resources Dr Yuval Steinitz spoke today at the Israel Energy and Business Convention at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel in Ramat Gan, presenting his long-term vision for the energy sector in the country. “By 2030, Israel will no longer use any gasoline or coal,” he said. [Globes]
- “Three Reasons Why Renewable Energy Leaders Are Optimistic” • At Green Tech Media’s US Power and Renewables Summit, utility company executives, financiers, renewable energy developers, and regulators shared their research and different experiences of the rapidly evolving renewable energy industry. [Natural Resources Defense Council]
- California might be known the world over as a clean energy leader, but information from the US Energy Information Administration, highlighted by Bloomberg New Energy Finance, said the award for cleanest state in the country goes to Iowa, and they’ve done it without the aggressive clean energy policies California is famous for. [CleanTechnica]
- A bill calling for a 2030 energy storage target in New York state was signed by Governor Andrew Cuomo. The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority and the Long Island Power Authority will administer the creation of the energy storage deployment program. The governor also called for more research on EVs. [Renewables Now]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.