Residential Energy Score Project – A Plan for Advancing Energy Efficiency – A Climate Smart Communities Webinar
Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Wouldn’t it be great to understand a home’s energy efficiency like a car’s miles per gallon? This Climate Smart Communities (CSC) webinar will describe a voluntary program in Tompkins County where homeowners would get an “energy score” for their home that could be shared with prospective buyers, tenants, or other interested parties. A home energy score is a succinct summary of the energy efficiency and physical structure of a residential building.
The Residential Energy Score Project seeks to create strong market demand for energy efficiency in existing houses and, by extension, to reduce utility costs for homeowners, to increase energy literacy, and to help promote sustainability goals.
Please provide us with your name and community affiliation, either via email or telephone to the Office of Climate Change at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-402-8448. In the event that we cancel or postpone this webinar, respondents will be notified.
To join the webinar on April 13th, follow these steps:
- First, click on this link: https://meetny.webex.com/meetn
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the meeting password: NYSDEC1
- Click “Join“.
- Click “Call Me” in the onscreen “Audio Connection” box and enter your phone number to join the audio portion through your telephone. The system will call you back.
- Alternatively, call 1-844-633-8697 and enter the Event Number: 644 070 887, followed by your Attendee ID (which will be displayed on your screen in the “Event Info” tab) to join the audio portion. The Attendee ID is recommended but not required. (It is not an option, unfortunately, to join the audio portion via your computer.)
For assistance with WebEx, call 1-800-697-1323 or 518-408-6487. This webinar can be accessed using most mobile phones, an iPad, or other computer running a Windows operating system. Note that this type of WebEx webinar cannot be accessed by computers running a Mac operating system. We are working to correct this limitation.Two days before webinar, test the computer you plan to use by clicking on the following link: http://www.webex.com/test-meet
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.