- “The new Senate Democratic energy bill is a wonk’s dream” In anticipation of the pope’s visit to Washington, and to signal their support of Obama’s agenda at climate talks in Paris this December, Senate Democrats have released a new bill: the American Energy Innovation Act of 2015. It is astonishingly substantive. [Vox]
- “Shame upon them! The government’s nuclear lies exposed” There’s no doubt about it. The UK Government is spreading untruths about the price of renewable energy. Is it deliberate? One can only assume so owing to the consistency of the pattern. And, it’s always in the context of supporting nuclear power over renewable energy sources. [The Ecologist]
- PowerStream is Ontario’s second largest municipally owned electric utility. Recently, it has begun an experiment with the so-called internet of energy. Twenty homes will have solar panels and small battery systems installed. The systems will be tied together and operated as a single system using batteries and software in a network. [CleanTechnica]
- Yesterday, Hillary Clinton announced that she opposes the construction of the Keystone Pipeline. Today, she released her energy infrastructure plan. First item on the list: repairing and upgrading our existing pipelines. The words, “solar,” “wind,” and “alternative,” do not appear in the plan at all, and “renewable” shows up only twice. [AMERICAblog]
- The Vermont Public Service Department released the Public Review Draft of the 2015 Comprehensive Energy Plan. The plan emphasizes the importance of efficiency and conservation. Since the last CEP was published in 2011, Vermont has added more than 100 MW each of wind and solar PV, while power rates grew slower than inflation. [Vermont Biz]
For more news, please visit geoharvey – Daily News about Energy and Climate Change.