Upper Valley Energy Committees, Town Officials, Energy Providers and Interested Residents,
You are invited to attend the annual Upper Valley Energy Committee Roundtable to take place Wednesday, April 30, 5:30 – 8:30pm at the Bugbee Senior Center in White River Jct. The Roundtable is free and a light buffet dinner will be provided. If you intend to join us, please Click Here to RSVP by April 30.
Feel free to share this invitation with other members of your committee. Attached is our map of active Energy Committees in the Upper Valley from last year. Please think of anyone you know who lives in towns without a committee and invite them to join us if they are interested in learning more about and possibly forming an energy committee. We hope all UV ECs and towns will be represented by at least one person.
The Roundtable is intended to promote networking and information sharing to assist energy committees in carrying out their work. This year everyone will be encouraged to discuss your challenges, barriers and paths to success – a discussion we’ll kick off with a panel of three Upper Valley energy committees. See more in the evening’s agenda below.
We have also sent a link to our annual Upper Valley Energy Committee survey to our contact for your energy committee. Please make sure one representative from your group fills out the survey by April 4, even if no one can attend the roundtable. If no one from your committee has received the survey link, please contact Sarah Simonds at email@example.com.
Thanks again for all your continuing great work and we hope you can join us April 30.
Roundtable Organizing Committee
Dan Potter, Southern Windsor County Regional Planning Commission
Chris Sargent, Two Rivers Ottaquechee Regional Commission
Mike McCrory, Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission
Sarah Simonds, Vital Communities
Bob Walker, Sustainable Energy Resource Group and VECAN
April 30, 2014 Upper Valley Energy Committee Roundtable Agenda
5:30-6pm: Registration, Refreshments, & Informal Networking
6-6:10pm: Welcome and Brief Introductions
- 5 second introduction by all attendees: name, town, and energy affiliation
6:10-6:15: Quick Overview of Interesting Survey Results
6:15-7pm: Energy Committee Updates
- Brief 2 minute update from each energy committee represented. Focus on the most recent and exciting project or challenge.
7-8:15pm: Panel and Break-Out Discussions
- 7-7:20pm: Panel: Reflections by representatives from 3 Upper Valley energy committees on starting and maintaining a successful local energy committee
- 7:20-8:00pm: Break-out groups – come prepared to discuss challenges, barriers, successes and failures your committee has faced.
- 8:00-8:15pm: Report back to the large group
8:15-8:30pm: Wrap Up and Adjourn
- Review “Resources” handouts to encourage next steps