On Tuesday, October 18, 2011 the 34th Annual Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Northern Vermont’s (HBRANV) Better Homes Award Banquet was held at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference in Burlington. Over 375 people involved in the homebuilding business attend this year’s banquet. This banquet, known as the “Academy Awards” for the Home Building Industry, highlights builders for projects that they submit to the program.
Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Jim Dousevicz, Dousevicz, Inc. based in Essex Junction, Vermont.
Builder of the Year Award was given to Ward Smyth of Turtle Creek Builders Ltd. based in Waitsfield.
Remodeler of the Year was awarded to Joe Meccia of Joseph Meccia Builder LLC of Huntington.
Associate of the Year was given to Jeff Gephart of VermontWise Energy Services.
Category winners were:
- Best Landscaping – Morning Dew Landscaping & Stonework, Richmond
- Commercial: New/ Renovation – Vorse Construction & Design, Inc., Colchester
- Condominium – Peregrine Design/Build, South Burlington
- Residential Renovation Under $100,000 – Resourceful Renovator, Jericho
- Residential Renovation $101,000 – $250,000 – Sandra Vitzthum, Architect, LLC, Montpelier
- Residential Renovation $251,000 – $400,000 – K Puls Management, LLC, Bristol
- Residential Renovation over $401,000 – K Puls Management, LLC, Bristol
- Single Family Home Under 2,000 Square Feet – South Village Communities, LLC, S. Burlington
- Single Family Home 2,001 – 3,000 Square Feet – Roundtree Construction Inc., New Haven
- Single Family Home Over 3,000 Square Feet: Cost Under $500,000 – Hayward Design Build, Colchester
- Luxury Home $500,000 – $1,000,000 – Bickford Construction Corporation, Williston
- Luxury Home Cost Over $1,000,000 – Perkins Smith Design Build, Shelburne
- Best New Kitchen – Beacon Hill Builders & Associates, Morrisville
- Best Renovated Kitchen under $50,000 – Neal Speer Construction Company, Inc., Swanton
- Best Renovated Kitchen over $50,000 – Kitchens by Design, Georgia
- Best Bathroom: New / Renovated – Kitchens & Interiors International Design, Shelburne
- Best Feature – Leach Construction of Vermont, Jericho
- Best Design Feature – DPF Design, Inc., White River Junction
- Most Innovative Design Build – Tom Moore Builder, Inc., Underhill Center
- Best Builder Website – Crowley Construction Co., Inc., Colchester
- Best Associate Website – Curtis Lumber Company, Williston
- Most Innovative Marketing Piece – Craig Hervey Housewright Construction, Inc., Newbury
- Environmental Excellence Award – Yandow Green Builders, St. George
- Energy Efficiency Award – Tom Moore Builder, Inc., Underhill Center
For a complete listing of this year’s winners visit www.vtbuilders.com
The Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Northern Vermont is a trade association, comprised of 500 members, who build, remodel homes, or supply products and services to the home building industry.
The Association is a leading advocate for the affordable construction of housing to all Vermonters.