- Mad River Valley Energy Network is currently exploring the option of a 150kW community solar farm. Info: Peter Boynton (email@example.com) or Gaelan Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
- $225k+ Energy Efficiency & Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) funds providing energy efficiency retrofits to MRV towns & schools
- Waitsfield is currently working on developing a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program
- Received EECBG funds to set-up program. Vote passed at Town Meeting 2011 to explore the concept.
- The Mad River Valley’s Community Biomass – a partner project of the University of Vermont (UVM), Vermont Family Forests (VFF), and Northern Forest Alliance (NFA), is a multi-town effort to increase the sustainability of the MRV’s local wood supply, as part of an overall goal of achieving energy independence in heating and power generation.
- Compost Power Network is based upon local experimentation at utilizing decomposing wood chips to heat hot water as a source for heating their home. (Jean Pain Method. see Green Energy Times Nov. 5, 2010 & Feb 15, 2011 “Shed, Don’t Dread”)
- Woodchip Boiler installed at Fayston Town Offices
- Mad River Valley Energy Wiki is a community created “living document” developed to serve as the go-to reference regarding energy information in the Mad River Valley
Info contributed by Joshua Schwartz, Mad River Valley Planning District
GET Aug2011 page 23