A Day to Celebrate Climate Solutions”…a project organized by noted Vermonter Bill McKibben to raise local consciousness about issues of sustainability.
The Tunbridge Energy Committee is inviting the local community to participate in a day of work, education, enlightenment, music, food and fun in Tunbridge as we join a worldwide effort to develop locally based options that foster renewable energy, mitigate climate change and encourage constructive solutions.
The day will culminate with a benefit concert featuring Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion.
This concert’s proceeds will benefit the Tunbridge Community Sustainability Fund.
All activities will meet at the Tunbridge Town Hall.
- 1PM: “grease” vehicle exhibit that will be on display all day.
- 1-3PM: a Town Forest Tour to eradicate invasive species will take place….bring gloves and clippers.
- 3-5PM: the Community Renewables Tour will take attendees via GreaseVan (powered by waste vegetable oil) to several area sites/residences that are actively using or planning to use local renewable power: solar, wind and microhydro.
- 5:30-7PM: there will be a local sustainability panel discussion focused on renewable energy for power/heating, energy conservation/efficiency with fiscal incentives, the Transition Town Initiative and post-Peak Oil community life. Audience participation and questions are highly encouraged.
- From 6-7PM: (during the panel discussion), there will be a pre-concert community potluck with a Local Foods introduction by a Royalton Roots representative.
- 7:30PM: The concert will follow, upstairs in the Town Hall. Tickets for the benefit show are available at the South Royalton Market, the Tunbridge Store and on-line at www.mtnfolk.org.
Further information on Tunbridge’s Global Work Party available via e-mail at email@example.com or phone at 802-431-3433.
“Global” info. at www.350.org.